Monday, April 23, 2007

LIKE HITTING A BRICK WALL


AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Ahem... wait no there's more. AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

That's much better.

So back in February, you might have remembered I bought a crap load of furniture and stuff for our house. Celebration for our much-anticipated contract cancellation of our dream home. (FYI: The house that should've been done next month, would have started to be built next month @@). Anyways, most of it has been delivered, albeit very late and most of the time re-scheduled due to a plethora of back order problems. Honestly, you think you drop over thirteen G's at a store, they could have some sort of professionalism about them.

Anyways, I have been waiting for the last piece to arrive. It is a chocolate leather chair. I have the ottoman people, I have the love seat... hell I even have the couch (that was initially replaced when they put a huge scratch down the back of it trying to get it through my front door). My coffee table finally came two weeks ago, which is great since I had the matching end tables back in February. Anyways, two week-ends ago the much anticipated chair is in stock (hooray!) and they attempt to deliver it. They get here, and low and behold .... they didn't put it on the truck. WTF? How do you forget that? Isn't that the point of delivering something? I looked at him trying to wrap my head around it and he's smiling at me dumbly. I felt like giving him a cookie and a pat on the head and telling him to be on his merry way. Instead I got bitchy and told him why should I expect anything less from them? He's apologetic of course. I'm eyeing him up seeing if I could skin him and make my own chair. His coloring is all wrong though; he shall be spared. So we reschedule for the Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning no call, why no call? Where is my call? I call them, and they say it'll be there between 3 and 10:30 pm. I told them no dice - I have my kids soccer game that evening (remember that? LOL). Of course they have no record of this. Besides who delivers couches at 10:30 at night? So then we re-schedule the re-schedule for yesterday.

Yesterday we get a call, they'll be there between 2:00 and 5:00 pm. It's now 3:30 and we get another call - the truck BROKE DOWN!!! Ohhhhhhhhh my pretties it gets better... they will deliver it that night between 10:30 and 1:30 am!!! WHAT? I don't think so!! Do they think we're some crack house open at all hours??? We told them forget it; that's ludicrous. If they came to my door that late, they'd be leaving with a kick in the junk and my chair. Of course this is my breaking point. I insisted hubby call the store (the name is THE BRICK; they are a Canadian chain), and reams the salesperson. She agrees this is crazy and will have the store manager call the warehouse and get it straightened out. Think that did it? Heaven's no!!! I get a message on my machine that they "would've" delivered it this morning, but I wasn't home (oh no, I was grocery shopping, I wasn't waiting by the phone for them to call!Never mind nourishing your family... you should be waiting for the leather!) but to call back at this number to re-schedule. This is a trilogy now you know.

I call and this snippity bitch tells me I called the wrong number. I know I dialed correctly, I actually have a brain. Hell I could probably even deliver a chair!!! She tells me, with a snotty attitude, she'll transfer me. Listen snippy bitch, "Bobby" told me to call this number, but I'm put on hold and listen to the spiel about how wonderful their store is. "Nobody beats the Brick!" Oh yeah, I'd like to beat you guys upside the head with a brick! So I get a receptionist, and she can't find my order. Then asks me if it was for a stove "UMMMM NO, you miraculously delivered that to me last month!" She tells me sorry, she's just starting the day and I'll have to excuse her. I say, "No sorry, I've been excusing you people for weeks. You'll have to excuse me. You guys keep jerking me around, so I'm a little pissy". Well then she tells me it looks like they delivered it yesterday.

Breathe deeply. Eye twitching sporadically... I think an aneurysm is imminent. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I think I wouldn't be wasting anymore time with you if they had. Do they think I slipped into a fugue state and forgot about it? So she's going to call me back in 2 minutes... it's been 40 now. I call up Jarrett at work and start blubbering at him in my stressed out (and probably whiny) voice. I decided to sick my husband on them again. If anyone can make their butt cheeks bleed it's him. Jarrett is not one to shy away from a conflict.

If anyone reads an article about some strange Canadian lady who goes totally berserk and jumps off Calgary tower screaming "you suck Brick" on her way down, or someone rustling steer and making her own furniture.... well that would be me wouldn't it?

9 comments:

weatherchazer said...

Jesus- those people r freakin' nuts!

Maria said...

Oh, god. I hate those places. Basically, I have little patience with those kinds of mixups. You know, I can handle one mistake, even two...but incompetency repeated over and over is just mind numbing.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

OK, first of all, how in the world did I not know you're Canadian????

Second of all, how in the world do you show that much patience. I would have gone into screaming catwoman mode about 10 mishaps ago and demanded a crapload of free stuff...

That is incompetence on a whole new scale!

Mrs. S. said...

What a pain in the butt! I'd have screamed their walls down by now..

Slackermommy said...

That kind of stuff drives me crazy.

tulipmom said...

I'm laughing .... and unfortunately probably not with you. What a freaking pain in the butt! I can't stand dealing with this garbage. Can't anything be easy?? You sound like you have a lot more patience than me.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the PP - what a huge pain in the butt!I would have lost it long ago!

Anonymous said...

That's nuts. Yea you'd think they'd have your furniture on a jet as much as you dished out to them. Something similar happened to my mother, she sent her big screen in to be repaired and when they came to bring it back, it wasn't in the truck! That's so funny but really frustrating!

Unknown said...

oh man, i can so identify with that - we just moved into a new place and we have been having similar (even worse, if you can imagine) problems with builders and suppliers... good luck and keep your chin up!