Tuesday, April 17, 2007

YOU KNOW... PECKERS




The Barbie Girl song is dedicated to Jenna - cause it's her favorite!

Lately, Jenna has been asking me about all sorts of animals. Basically she asks me what I know about them, and if I don't know enough, I get a brief lesson. Apparently I'm in need of guidance. For instance, I was informed catepillars make crysallisis, panda's eat bamboo, koalas eat eucalyptus, and that woodpeckers have really big peckers.

Jenna: Mommy, do you know about woodpeckers?
Me: No, why don't you tell me about woodpeckers.
Jenna: They are birds and they use their peckers to peck the wood.
Me: Ummmm they use their what now?
Jenna: They have big peckers for noses.
Me (laughing): No actually those are beaks. Do you know why they use their beaks this way?
Jenna: Yes, they use them to eat bugs. They use their peckers to get the bugs.

Seriously, me and hubby were killing ourselves laughing. It's so funny how in the gutter our minds are right? Later in the day, our babysitter "S" was over and when we got home that night she told us how Jenna was telling her that her car was much too small.

Jenna: Why is your car so small? Did you buy it that way?
S: Yes why? Do you think it's small?
Jenna: Yes it's much too small. You can't even fit in that small car.
S: Oh yes, I can fit in my car. Don't worry.
Jenna: No you can't. It's too small even for a lot of clowns. How will you put your kids in that car? What were you thinking about?
S: Well Jenna I don't have any children.
Jenna: Well what will you do when you have kids? You can't put them in a car that clowns can't get into.
S: I can buy a new car then, so they can all fit.
Jenna: I don't know, I don't think that was a wise decision to buy such a small car.

Where does she come up with this stuff? I think we've officially entered "kids say the darnedest things" country. She has yelled, "mom I can see your boobies" in change rooms in the mall, told me that she thought my panties were broken because they don't have a bum on them, and that sometimes babies don't come from tummies. Although the all-time winner was when she asked hubby if he pooped in his underwear because he had a lump in the front. Poor hubby, he was actually speechless which is amazing since the man is known for his witt. She then chastized him on proper potty etiquette.

You know I have to write these antedotes in her baby book. Oh and record these moments for later embarressment of course!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peckers!

Love it.

Tuesday Girl said...

I think your daughter could be my daughters twin, with the line of Q&A. Oh, and also the dancing, My daughter loves this song too.

Maria said...

"Come on, Barbie. Let's go, Barbie."

That one is gonna stay with me for a long, long time!

And, be sure and write the stuff J says NOW. I am just dismayed at some of the things that Liv says that I have forgotten. I always tell myself that I will NEVER forget it, but I do. Probably because she tends to be most verbal in the morning at breakfast and I am still in zombie land.

Lainey-Paney said...

You've made my day with your "kids say the darndest things." They certainly do!

:)

Em said...

Big peckers for noses. Hmmmm....that would not make an attractive face, would it!

Fratzels said...

I needed a good laugh tonight! I especially liked the part about the broken panties!!! Kids are so funny!

Mrs. S. said...

What a doll!

I always wondered about those "peckers" and now I know!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL! I LOVE the peckers! and my daughter has decided that I wear "funny" underwear because they have no back in them. She just thinks they are rolling around laughing funny.

Twisted Cinderella said...

That video is sooooo cute! She is truly precious!

Anonymous said...

These are all so hysterical, I can't even pick a favorite! Absolutely classic! The great thing about having a blog is that you HAVE somewhere where they are recorded already! Sometimes, I'll read some of my old posts about Little Man, and I can't believe some of the things I've already forgotten that he used to do.

Jenna reminds me a lot of one of my sisters who used to ask tons of questions like that and have a comment about everything!

And wouldn't you know it, my parents tell more stories about her than me and my other sister, since she was such a wealth of chuckles!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the pecker story. DH and I always have our mind in the gutter. I would have been laughing with you.