Friday, April 13, 2007

SONG/VIDEO FOR AUTISM SPEAKS


This song by Five for Fighting has been made into an Autism awareness video for Autism Speaks. The words are moving; and when watching the video, I started to cry. Five for Fighting is donating money towards every hit made on the Autism Speaks website towards the fight against Autism. I ask you to click, it won't cost you anything. Please forward this link to other's. It may seem like a small thing to do, but for families like ours - it's huge.

http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/213154


WORLD

Got a package full of Wishes
A Time machine, a Magic Wand
A Globe made out of Gold

No Instructions or Commandments
Laws of Gravity or
Indecisions to uphold

Printed on the box I see
A.C.M.E.'s Build-a-World-to-be
Take a chance - Grab a piece
Help me to believe it

What kind of world do you want?
Think Anything
Let's start at the start
Build a masterpiece
Be careful what you wish for
History starts now...

Should there be people or peoples
Money, Funny pedestals for Fools who never pay
Raise your Army – Choose your Steeple
Don't be shy, the satellites can look the other way

Lose the Earthquakes – Keep the Faults
Fill the oceans without the salt
Let every Man own his own Hand

What kind of world do you want
Think Anything
Let's start at the start
Build a masterpiece
Be careful what you wish for
History starts now...

Sunlight's on the Bridge
Sunlight's on the Way
Tomorrow's Calling

There's more to this than Love
What Kind of world do you want
What Kind of world do you want

What Kind of world do you want
Think Anything
Let's start at the start
Build a masterpiece

History Starts Now

Be careful what you wish for
Start Now

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elle,

I linked to this post on my blog. Hope that is ok!

Anonymous said...

I copied the link and posted about this on my blog.

tulipmom said...

Just found your blog today via a link from Jennifer's "Playgroups" blog. I hope you don't mind if I link to you and post about this later today. My 6-year-old son is autistic. I'm really glad I found you and look forward to checking out the rest of your blog.

Fratzels said...

Lovely song!

Mrs. S. said...

I left you a little something on my most recent entry...

Twisted Cinderella said...

I am going to post about this on my blog as well. Very touching video clip!

Anonymous said...

good post!

I think my 3yo son has aspergers.

We use Indian Health Services in Oklahoma and I cannoy get any of the MD's to listen to me.

any advice?

Queen of the Mayhem said...

That song brought a tear to my eye. I can only imagine the daily trials and triumphs you must experience. I have a son who is having some problems with his preschool and I feared he might be diagnosed as autistic. ( To be honest, as I researched his symptoms it seemed he "had" everything about which I read! It was quite overwhelming! As of now, they have only diagnosed him as "Sensory Defensive-Sound". In other words, he is terrified by loud noises and it usually triggers an aggressive episode! We'll see if anything else develops in the future. Just seeing these minor struggles have been heart wrenching...so I can't even fathom what you feel!

I will certainly click on the site.

I found your blog via Burg's site. I really liked it! I will be back! :)

Karen said...

I'm here via a link on 5 Minutes for Mom. My ears immediately pricked up because I have an 8yo autistic son.

If you are interested, I have a couple of posts and a PDF article I wrote about our journey with diagnosis up on my (still newish!) blog.

Cheers,
Lizzie
http://lizzieshome.blogspot.com/

Slackermommy said...

Beautiful girls, beautiful song, and a beautiful post. You do good mama! I nominated you for a few blogger choice awards because I couldn't decide on which category. http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that I think you are a wonderful voice for the cause of autism. You have such a way about you and your writing doesn't shield us from any of the trials and tribulations of autism.

I know you never imagined that you'd be in this situation when you planned to have a family, but I can only say that it's obvious the world has great things planned for you. I am, quite simply, in awe of your strength and grace.

Your kids are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother and role model!

Susan said...

Great job! I have one on that site too. You can view it at http://www.whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com/videos/view/id/670709