Sunday, April 15, 2007

THINKER AWARD - SUCH A GREAT NOMINATION!


Wow, I'm so totally honored first of all, that Burg nominated me for the Thinker Award. So thank you so much Burg. I really am shocked and happy that you thought of me. I think it's so cool that people think enough of the things that I write, that they would think to include me as one of five people to nominate! Now I will definately have to work it; I have a reputation to uphold ;)

When I first started to blog, it was funny because I was virtually a nobody with no readers. But to be honest, I started to blog to just get my thoughts out there. To me, it was a great reliever of stresses in every day life. As more and more people started to read, my blog started to take on a life of it's own. Now, I honestly enjoy just putting myself out there, because I find more and more that there are people out there that want to hear what I have to say. There are people out there who understanding my life more than I thought they would. That is a cool thing to be able to say. Plus, I've met so many great people.

So as the process goes, since I have been tagged, I must now write my own post and link 5 blogs that make ME think And of course, you must proudly display your "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote. I also wanted to say, I enjoy SO many blogs and it's really hard for me to pick out 5. I get a lot of different things from a lot of different people; you all definately make me use different parts of my brain. I definately have broadened my ways of thinking because of you. So without further adieu, here are my five picks:

1. One of my favorite people, and also one of my dearest friends is MamaLee. First off, I love her style of writing!! And you know, she is just one of the most open and honest people I've ever know. She really makes me think of my life, and how to relate to others. I enjoy the relationship she has with her bloggers too. Her take on motherhood is something that is special. She just has the most upbeat blogs; and she always manages to make me laugh. So definately check her out if you haven't already!

2. Maria was one of the first people I came across when I started to blog. I have to say how much I admire her because she is just such a frank and open person. The way she writes speaks to me because she just puts it all out there, and that is a hard thing to do. Plus she always has great topics; and frankly I love hearing about her family. Maria makes me think about family dynamics, relationships in general, and that the most valueable thing thing is just being true to yourself. So you definately must check her out!

3. Slackermom is great! I love her posts. She just says whats on her mind, and doesn't really apologize for it - and I really respect that. She will say what you may be thinking, but are too shy to say it. A lot of the time I can really relate to her thoughts; and she makes me take stock of my life. She is one of the blogs I definately click on every day. For those of you who have never read her.

4. I really get Lene. I don't know what exactly pulls me to her blog, but I think it's just the way her writing is so inviting to me. Plus, I have to admit it, I love her comments on my blog too. It's cool when you find someone's thoughts so like yours. I think she reminds me of me a litte; withouth the photos of bullfighters and scrotums of course ;) Plus she seems like a real great chick!! So check her out on her blog Families Are Like Fudge.

5. Last but certainly not least, I would like to nominate this great little blog Not Without My Coffee. This is a blog that always gets me thinking, and always offers me a good chuckle. Plus she could be a meteorologist... LOL she's always giving out the latest forcast for her area. She's a great writer; and I think she's highly articulate. So you should get to know her at http://notwithoutmycoffee.blogspot.com

So once again, thanks so much for the nomination. I hope everyone continues to enjoy reading my ramblings. I promise I will never bore ya!

12 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I love reading your blog. What a great nomination. I am off to check out your nominations now. Although I read MamaLee already!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Your blog rocks.

Unknown said...

Congrats Elle...and I hope your dreams come true too!

M~

Slackermommy said...

Congrats and thank you for the nomination!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That's really cool.

Heather said...

OMG, how wonderful are you??? First of all, congrats to you! You absolutely 100% deserve this. I always leave your blog feeling lke I've gained something as a person!! You are awesome!

And, thank you so much for the nomination. I am seriously NOT qualified, but I did get lots of warm fuzzies when I read what you said. Oh, and if I were a weather guy today, people would be throwing rotten veggies at me. No snow here, just lots of rain.

Anyway, THANK YOU so so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Elle!!

Thank you so much for the nomination. I am totally shocked by it.
I am drawn into your writing also. I think yours was the first blog I visited. I haven't wandered at all. ;)

Pendullum said...

Congrats on your award...
I just foundyou and look forward to reading more...

weatherchazer said...

Folowed burg's link. I think I've been here before, but I get confused lately.

Maria said...

Thanks for the nod, Elle. Seriously, if you and yours are ever in my neck of the woods (I realize that Nebraska is sort of to-toville!), come on over for dinner. I promise I won't cook and I know we'd have lots to gab about.

And...promise. It will be take-out, so I don't accidentally kill you. Or, my old standby: Cap'n Crunch.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I love MamaLee and Slackermommy ...
Slacker made my template for my blog... she's great....

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, my dear. You are a wonderful writer.

And ME? Moi?

You got the wrong lassie, mam. I just happen to throw some verbal diarrhea on the keyboard - nothing like your writing. Thank you, though, hun. xoxo