Friday, June 08, 2007

THE HAPPENINGS


Let's see - in the past week we got so much rain, we had flooding in areas. Some people and a house got hit by lightening. It's been a wild week weather wise. There was so much water, my plant boxes on the second story deck were so full of water, it uprooted my petunias. Shit!! I have to go buy some more topsoil and try to save those guys (I think that may be a lost cause). I have no clue how starting the deck tomorrow is going to go. Mushy is my expectation. Oh well - we'll do what we can. Good thing Jarrett has a Master's Degree in civil engineering. My enginerd will come in handy. If he knows how to pour concrete under water, he can set some pilings.

I would say I've been frantically cleaning my house (that'd be a lie) because my parents will be here this afternoon sometime. I'm totally disorganized and grocery-less. I need a smack from someone to get me motivated please. Instead, last night me and my bud went for pedicures. HEY pretty feet = productively faster feet right? Right? Oh fine, I was being frivolous. But my toes are pretty! I don't have too much to do actually. I just have to wash floors and clean some bathrooms. Always with the bathrooms huh? I'm thinking of buiding some of them into the walls. If I can't access them, then I don't have to clean them right?

In other news, my neighbors had a sump pump put in their backyard because apparently we have a natural underground stream running down between us. They can't pour a patio without the sump. So they came, pulled off part of the fence, and drove a bobcat and a little backhoe through her and mine front yard. It looks HORRIBLE!! 1 foot deep tire trenches, muddy and ugly! I'm a little pissed off. Plus it gets worse, she's having more work done - it'll be about 5 weeks until it's fixed. So nice I get to look at it. She's having it fixed but the point being - it's just awful looking. Their backyard looks like a bomb went off. But their sump pump is running nicely!

Other than that, I'm just going to run like a chicken with it's head cut off for the next 7 hours. I don't know why but I can have a disorganized house in front of my mom. I feel like a teenager under inspection of my bedroom and if I fail, I don't get to go to the school dance or something. Oh and before I forget, if any of you are on www.facebook.com, let me know - I'll add you on. I'd say it's an addiction but it's not. I just like catching up with "some" people. Some people found me I wish that never found me (from high school). Note to them: if I didn't like you in high school I probably have no interest in you now!

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Hope everyone has a good week-end!

9 comments:

Noemi said...

Consider yourself Slapped! LOL I know the feeling.

My Mom lives only 20 minutes away so I really need to keep my house spic & span just in case she drops in.

I feel she will take out the white glove and do the dust inspection~!

Take Care!

tulipmom said...

I know all about the furious cleaning before Mom comes. Truthfully that's the only reason I wouldn't want my parents to live closer. I'm not sure I could keep up the charade ALL THE TIME.

Enginerd ... LOL ... that's great!

Sarahviz said...

I had to laugh out loud at the "enginerd" comment!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a nice visit!

Dustanne said...

I am glad that my mother lives 5 hours away....she says that I am too cluttered and should get rid of most of my stuff, and then hubby goes and agree's with her....maybe we should show her all his fishing stuff....lol
I am a clutter person, not everywhere but it is hard to get up on top of things with my kids cause as soon as I put it away...they take it out....lol

Hubby won't let anyone in the house unless it is 'decent' Hre is so about apperances it isn't funny. Me....hey this is me and my house, like it or not....
I don't live in dirt and there is floor, just an occassional toy or 5 amd some scrappin' stuff.....lol

Dustanne said...

I am part of facebook, though not sure what you need.....lol
still need to learn it as well....ha ha

Twisted Cinderella said...

I feel the same way about my mom coming. But my problem is that I actually am being inspected! And I love them dearly but they will let me know how I came up under inspection.

weatherchazer said...

We need your rain! Send it this way. And I totally agree with the 'if I didn't like you in h.s. I don't like you now' thing. I've had too many people come up to me now that I look at them and say, ahem, who are you? Oh, right... (I think, you moron, don't ever try to make friends with the loner/nerd you picked on in school)

Maria said...

I'm the same way but with my sisters. I would die of embarrassment if they saw crumbs on my counter or toothpaste in the sink. And the thing is...I shared a room with each one of them at some point. I mean, it is no secret that I am a total slob.