Wednesday, February 21, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND



A very wonderful friend of mine is having a birthday today - some of you know her as Mamalee!! Happy birthday girl!! Hope your day is awesome and you have many more fun-filled years ahead of you!! I met her online in 2002; I was just ready to have my twins, and she just had her second baby. I've known her for such a long time; and she is by far one of the best people I have "un-officially" met. She's gotten me through a lot of rough times, and has joked along side me even more. Any of you that has met her knows exactly what I'm talking about!! Anyways, I just wanted to send a warm hug to my "sista". Much love always.

February is a busy month for birthdays for us. I have two brother-in-laws, a couple good friends, a niece and my grandmother. May is MUCH worse. I think everyone I'm related to decided they needed to be born in May. My Hallmark bills are way-high. I, of course, am the birthday coordinator for this family. This means I am responsible for buying all cards and gifts, signing everyone's names, and sending them out. It doesn't matter if they are related to me, or even my friends. How many of you have birthday duty around your house? Honestly, I don't really mind. I could sit and read cards all day. In fact, I'm somewhat of a card nut - I buy and send cards to people all the time for no apparent reason. I don't know why this is. I figure I always love opening up my mailbox and getting something for no reason at all. I mean it's nice getting cards on your birthday or anniversary, but when someone sends you one for no particular reason it makes you feel special because someone was thinking of you for no reason other than they thought of you.
So the next time you are browsing through a store, and you think of someone special, why not pick up a small card (nothing fancy) and send it to them. I'm sure it'll brighten their day to know that you thought of them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear friend. You don't know how much your birthday wishes mean to me!

And I think YOU are pretty special too, kiddo. I'm looking forward to meeting you face to face!

And I am the one who takes care of the birthday stuff here. Hubby never really made big deals about birthdays, so I am the coordinator and resident hornblower! (And yes, he forgot today was my day...hmph.)

And by the way, readers, Elle DOES send cards for no reason at all - I've been pleasantly surprised by this sweet woman.

Elle, I'm just glad you've forgiven me for my VERY belated cards to YOU!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Maria said...

Yup. I am the one in charge of birthdays around here. I actually have a special calendar because we both come from big families and it seems that every frackin week is someone's birthday.

Every time I see a card I like, I just buy it and put it in my birthday folder. That takes some of the stress out of things.

Did I mention that I also have to buy the 897 birthday gifts for the kid's birthday parties that Liv goes to? I HATE shopping for kids I don't know. And when you call to ask the mom what to get, she is always so polite and says, "Oh, so and so would love anything you get her!" Sometimes I wish they would just say, "Get him a spiderman puzzle."