Thursday, April 19, 2007

INTRODUCING MY ALTER-EGO


I have had several comments from people who have said, "I never know what I'm going to find on your blog." So apparently the wordless Wednesday picture of a bullfighter's balls hanging out surprised a few of you? I GUESS I could have showed a cute picture of a kitten playing with a ball of yarn, or one of my kids sleeping with those adorable bow tie lips jaunting out. All those butterfly kisses moments in life. But then let's face it, I wouldn't be true to myself. Plus, you'd think I was this sweet, holistic gal up in maple syrup country. Give us Canadian chicks some credit will ya? We can be pretty crazy when we wanna be eh? I figured you should get to know the real me: crassness and everything. Besides, didn't anyone ever tell you that being predictable makes you boring? I wouldn't want to bore you... not after it took so long to get people read my blog!

As you've probably noticed, I can write about serious things sometimes. Things close to my heart. Things with great importance. I can be philosophical like Galileo (except without the facial hair), sociological like Comte (he's the father of Sociology; not many people would know this because they probably have lives and picked a more reputable degree). Sometimes I just pick a topic and just rant about it; so I guess that makes political... because let's face it, those guys pull stuff out of their asses all the time! I try to add humor where ever I go. It's a hazard of mine. I don't think I take myself too seriously, because once you start to get serious; people expect a lot more professionalism out of you. I wouldn't want that - Heaven's no!!! I like to pluck at heart strings and then offer a giggle too. Not shits and giggles, because that could get pretty messy. Also, it leaves me a little vulnerable. Not that there is anything wrong with being in touch with your feelings and sharing it with others. Unless of course, you are a man.

I've often wondered why I can't just stick to being serious. I probably could go back to my childhood when I moved around a lot as a kid, and tried to be the comedian to make kids like me. That or I just straight-faced lied about having 50 cats (Oh wait, I think I mentioned that a while ago didn't I?). Enter alter-ego: the child that tried too hard to make friends, and decided that people like people who make them laugh. Laughs are a lot cheaper than giving everyone a quarter to be your friend by the way. I traveled across Canada with my school-age comedy routine. In my high school yearbook, it said I was the most likely to make you laugh, and they all thought I'd be in advertising. Not sure exactly why that was though. I'm assuming they didn't mean standing on the street corner peddling my wares. Because that would probably make both prophecies true: a good laugh at me on the corner wearing worn out Lycra. (shudders)

Anyways... I guess I thought I'd officially forewarn all of you that while I can be pretty down to earth, sensible, thoughtful, analytical and all the rest of that stuff... I can also be a complete nut job sometimes. For those of you just figuring that out - well howdy! For the rest that are well acquainted with me - bonjour to you! And I do hope that you continue to enjoy my a-musings. I can't guarantee what I'll write, but I can promise you it won't be redundant. Have a great week-end!

8 comments:

Jo said...

I really like this post and like reading blogs by people who are multi-faceted. Just reading about someone's kids all the time or nicey nice stuff either A- gets boring or B- makes you feel like you need to be better. I suck at changing so I'd much rather read nice normal, interesting people like you. ;)

Now, I'm off to find this balls pic. I missed that! THAT is the kind of thing I would post so I LOVE IT!!!

Oh and I love Sociology!

Maria said...

You pretty much had me at hello the first time I read your blog. Probably because you weren't overly serious...but didn't go for the laughs every time either.

I've found that it takes a little bit of this and a little bit of that to keep everyone interested in life and the sooner that is realized, the more fun it gets.

Anonymous said...

You are anything but predictable. No boredom at your blog that's for sure.

By the way, I liked the bullfighter's balls :). It was the perfect WW photo.

Janis said...

Aww Elle...we are gonna get along JUST fine!! ;) it will be a battle for the mic tho...I was the token jokster in school (and still today) as well.

Bring it on...I'm going to write new stuff right now.....

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you...again.

I love the many sides of Elle...

Twisted Cinderella said...

Maybe that is what I like about you and your blog. The fact that you show all sides of yourself and when I read you being witty or I read you being serious, I can see a part of how I am in your post. I feel we have things in common.

Mrs. S. said...

The fact that you found me to be the least bit entertaining let me know you were a little twisted from the beginning, but I never can predict what I'll see on here... :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, Elle. It is always something different and interesting.