Monday, April 09, 2007

IS THAT... PANCAKE MIX????



Note to self: You can't spare taking an eye off of your kids at ANY time. Case in point - Saturday morning the girls were playing nicely so I went upstairs to brush my teeth. I come down and I can see this white powder stuff all over the floor, and the leather couch. At first I didn't know what it was until I saw footprints going into the kitchen and an open pantry door (did I forget to close that???). And sure enough, this HUGE pile of white powder on the floor of the pantry.

At first I thought it was flour until I realized the box of pancake mix was mysteriously not in a place it should be. So I have to use logic here: A) Wasn't Karis because she's too short to reach the shelf it was on, B) I don't think it was Jenna because she would have started to cry right away, and C) It was most likely Kierra because the tracks lead to the spot on the couch where she usually sits. So I call the twins up and ask who did it. Jenna immediately yells, "Kierra did it mommy!" and Kierra starts to laugh (btw that is so aggrivating). And yes she did have powder all over her too. We best figure she was looking to have pancakes for lunch and the box fell on the floor. Good for her to try to replace the box huh? LOL.

Anyways did I mention how hard it is to get pancake mix off the hardwood? Broom didn't pick it up, the vaccum still left it behind and the Swiffer vaccum wasn't charged because my husband always unplugs it for reasons unknown to me. So needless to say, it took me a while to clean it up. I guess I should be thankful she didn't add syrup huh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows? The syrup could've given the hardwood a nice glossy look?

lol..cute story Elle.

Lainey-Paney said...

I would say, yes---be very glad she didn't add syrup!

:)

And note to self: start shutting the pantry door before Gage gets any bright ideas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can feel your pain! What a mess.

Anonymous said...

Yup. Syrup would've been VERY bad. lol

Melynda said...

This would sooooo happen to me. Right down to the dern thing being unplugged.

WHY DO HUSBANDS INSIST ON UNPLUGGING EVERYTHING??????

Anonymous said...

If I find something broken or a mess has been made, I usually know right off who the culprit is.

I've experienced the pancake mix problem before. However, my kids didn't get it everywhere, my husband and his friend did.

It was back during our care-free bar hopping days. Around 3:00 a.m. my husband and his friend Joe got the bright idea to make pancakes - with the mixer!!! Pancake mix went everywhere. I think I hurt one or both of them :)